Members of our hospice team make regular visits to assess the patient and provide compassionate care. The Dunes Hospice team is available to patients and families whenever the need arises.
Our hospice team develops an individualized plan of care that meets each patient’s needs for pain management and symptom control related to the terminal illness. The Dunes Hospice team consists of:
The patient’s attending/personal physician;
Spiritual Counselors, Registered Dieticians
Trained volunteers; and
Speech, Physical, and Occupational therapists, as needed.
The hospice team:
* Specializes in comfort care to ensure palliation of pain and symptom management to maintain quality of life;
* Provides emotional and spiritual counseling by specially trained social workers and chaplains;
* Educates the patients and family on end-of-life process;
* Offers dietary consultation by a registered dietician to support patients and families during nutritional struggles;
* Provides medications, medical supplies, and equipment related to terminal diagnosis;
* Is available to provide family support and bedside care at time of death;
* Makes short-term inpatient care available when pain or symptoms cannot be managed at home, or respite care when the challenge of caregiving becomes overwhelming; and
* Provides compassionate bereavement program by dedicated clinicians and chaplains.